From Tragedy to Unity: A Celebration of the Human Spirit – The 2nd Annual Multidisciplinary Symposium Commemorating the Anniversary of September 11
- Ann Curry, NBC News Anchor for “Today”, Contributing Reporter for Dateline
- Christina Lamb, Author & Journalist, The Sunday Times, London
- Ambassador Joseph Verner Reed, Under-Secretary-General, United Nations
- Forrest Sawyer, NBC News and MSNBC Anchor
- Jessica Stern, Author and Lecturer in Public Policy, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government
On the second anniversary of the unforgettable events of September 11, the Virtue Foundation has once again invited a select group of prominent experts from multiple disciplines–including Ambassador Joseph Verner Reed, Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations; Gordon Conway, President of the Rockefeller Foundation; James Rubin, Former Assistant Secretary of State; and Chris Cramer, President of CNN International Networks–to engage in a daylong symposium aimed at examining the recent events that have transpired since 9/11 and their impact on the role and perception of the United States worldwide. Hosted by NBC’s Forest Sawyer and Ann Curry, the event will feature two panel discussions, several keynote lectures, and a special musical performance by world-renowned musicians Renaud Garcia-Fons and Claire Antonini. In addition to honoring those whose lives were sacrificed that day, the Foundation seeks to raise awareness of and explore the deeper meaning behind the events leading to 9/11 and the lessons that we can collectively learn from that tragedy in order to work towards building a culture of peace and tolerance founded on universal ethical principles that transcend such boundaries as race, culture, gender, and religion.